Tuesday, July 8, 2014

We're Having a Baby - Telling Our Family

Even before finding out that we were expecting, I was searching for neat ways to tell our family.  Pinterest is filled with ideas and it is expected that you announce in a creative way.  I struggled for a while deciding on when to tell our families.  I feared the possibility of telling too early and then having the unspeakable happen.  Riley and I decided that we would want our close family and friends to know around the 8 week mark and just ask them to keep it quiet until we reached the 12-13 week mark when we would make it public.

My family had planned to spent July 4th at my parents house with a pool party.  Riley and I arrived there July 3rd and I handed each of my parents a card in an envelope.  My mom read it right away, screamed, and ran over to hug me.  All the while, my dad was still reading the card so we got a good laugh about that.  Haley came home shortly after and my mom shared the news with her.  We told Eric the next day when he arrived.

Riley's family had planned to go to Junction City for the fourth of July so we chose that weekend to announce as everybody would be around.  We thought it would be a simple task, but it turned out to be so much more than that!  For some reason, we couldn't get everyone together at the same time to announce the news.  It turned out that we ended up announcing it very late at night after Riley spent time convincing people not to go to bed because we had a "holiday card" to give everyone.  It was a bit of a disaster, but oh well.

This is the card we gave family to announce our news:



No comments:

Post a Comment