Thursday, February 12, 2015

Introducing Oliver Dean

Baby is finally here!!!


Riley and I checked into the hospital Monday morning at 7:00.  By 9:00 the nurse had started the pitocin.  Because of my heart condition, my doctor decided that I should have an epidural early, so I received that at 11:00.

Dr. Roles broke my water at 12:45 when I was dilated to 2 cm.  I was hopeful that this would get things moving along, but by 5:30 I wasn't quite to 5 cm.  Riley and I had prepared to have a late night or early morning baby at this point.

A little after 7:30, I was feeling uncomfortable and mentioned to Riley that I didn't think my epidural was working right.  Little did I know, we were ready to welcome baby!  The room quickly filled with people and we were ready to go.

Oliver Dean was born on February 9th at 8:21 pm!







    



We think he is perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment