Monday, June 1, 2015

Day Date for Our 2nd Anniversary

Yesterday Jaime and Shelby watched Ollie so we could celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary.  I can't remember the last time that we went out on a real date, so we had lots to make up for.

Together we planned (and by that I mean I looked up places, times, cost, etc. and Riley just went along with whatever I said) out our day.  Our day date consisted of lots of competitive-like activities so we made it a little interesting with a bet.  The deal was whoever lost the most games of the day had to wash bottles and pump parts for the whole week.  (This was of course my idea as I am usually the one doing the washing.  I figured if I lost, it would just be another week... but if I won, what a prize that would be!)

We started with mini golf.  I began strong, but Riley's two hole-in-ones followed by my sad attempts results in a W for Riley.  

Next up were the batting cages.  I had never done batting cages before so I made Riley go first.  Winner of batting cages was whoever hit the most.  Riley did pretty amazing and only missed a few.  I on the other hand had some pretty pitiful attempts.  In my defense, I should have walked down further to the slow-pitch softball cages, but I didn't know about them until we were already done.  Needless to say, Riley won again.  


Our last activity for the day was bowling.  We played two games; Riley won the first and I won the second.  We contemplated going to the Union to see if we could find an air hockey table (something that I can actually beat him at), but decided to just head to dinner instead.

Taco Bell is only reserved for special occasions like our 5 year dating anniversary, engagement night, and 1st year wedding anniversary.  Instead we went to Carlos O'Kelly's.  It was no La Fiesta, but it was okay.

While we were on our date, Ollie got to spend some time with Uncle Shelby and Aunt Jaime. Jaime's nephew, Asher and niece, Avery were excited to spend some time with Ollie. 



Today is our actual anniversary so we celebrated by grilling out.  Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment