Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas Break

I headed back to school on Monday which meant Ollie went back to daycare.  I thoroughly enjoyed my two weeks at home with him.  I think he did too because he has cried each morning that I've dropped him off at daycare.  He has never done this before and it is breaking my heart.  On Monday when I handed him over to our daycare lady, he immediately started crying and reached for me.  I tell my preschool kiddos' parents all the time that it is best to just leave and not come back for another hug or kiss.  Of course, I couldn't follow my own advice even though I know that just leaving would be better and make his transition easier.  I picked him up and he stopped crying immediately.  Since that first day I have followed my own advice and just handled him off and left, but his reaching and crying doesn't make it any easier.

I thought that I would share some photos of things we did over Christmas break, other than have a bajillion Christmas get-togethers...

I got a robot vacuum cleaner for Christmas from Riley.  (And by this, I mean that I got the okay from Riley and ordered it myself online from Target.)  Her name is Rosie (like the robot maid on the Jetsons) and I love her.  Ollie loves her too as he is always trying to climb on her and press the start button.  She typically does her work when Ollie is sleeping, playing in another room, or when we aren't home to avoid being attacked by a small child.  

Over break, I also did some major closet reorganization.  I got rid of all my ribbon and scrapbook paper that was kept in the guest bedroom downstairs.  This allowed for me to move my crafty stuff to the upstairs guest bedroom.  Riley moved his camping stuff into the closet in the downstairs guest bedroom from the closet under the stairs.  That left the closet under the stairs empty so we packed away stuff that Ollie has grown out of or is no longer using.  I also reorganized our walk-in closet and got rid of some clothes and shoes.  Ollie's closet got reorganized as well.  With the mess of five closets in the midst of my reorganization, I had to call for backup.  My mom was also on Christmas break so she came to watch Ollie for a day so I could organize without a baby under my feet.  


He tried pizza for the first time over break.
And of course, there were lots of snuggles on the couch with mommy.
Riley still has to childproof a few more cabinets in the kitchen and Ollie has been taking full advantage of being able to gain access to the pot and pans.
Ollie has also had lots of time over break to play with his new toys that he got for Christmas.
Grandma Marcia and Grandpa Jim bought Ollie penguin cheese crackers for Christmas and they are his new favorite.  He absolutely loves them!

All of the time at home can sure wear a baby out.

No comments:

Post a Comment