Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving


We had a great (and busy) Thanksgiving this year.  Lunch was at Riley's parent's house and supper was at my parent's house.  We all ate way too much, but had a wonderful time being together.  


For Thanksgiving at my parent's house, I was in charge of bringing corn and a kid friendly dessert.  I made turtle caramel apples (forgot to take a picture of those) and some dirt cups.  

Of course, since I am a teacher, the dessert was also educational.  I put Swedish Fish in the dirt cups and told about how the Wampanoag taught the Pilgrims to bury fish in the soil to make it fertile for corn to grow.

I'm not sure if the kids cared about the meaning behind it, but they sure did enjoy digging in!





Along with all the yummy food, there was lots of baby snuggles, book reading, and hanging out together.







Packed up and ready to head home...he made it about three minutes before falling asleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment