Thursday, July 12, 2018

Kitchen Cabinet Remodel

After 3.5 - 4 weeks of work, I can finally say that the kitchen cabinets are D - O - N - E!

I started with a tsp substitute to clean them and some were pretty grimy.  Riley removed all the doors, drawers, and hardware.  Together we used a liquid sander to remove the gloss.  Next was 2 coats of primer followed by 3 coats of paint and the bit of touch up.


The kids' daycare was closed on a Friday and a Monday so they went to stay with Grandma and Grandpa.  We were able to get a large majority of the painting done when they were gone, one time even staying up until 2:30 am.


It was SO, SO much work, but I do love it and I'm glad that we did it.


Riley now says that he will not be doing any more projects until there is snow on the ground.  I'm okay with that!



No comments:

Post a Comment