Sunday, September 30, 2018

Balance

Life is all about balance, or so they say.

Lately I've been in a pretty scheduled workout routine.  I've been doing the 80 Day Obsession and I really like it.  I feel better than I have in years and also think I look much better than I have in years.

Even better than that though, I am inspiring Ollie.  Not that he has weight to lose (in fact he's probably the other way around and needs to gain and grow), but he is seeing that a healthy lifestyle is important.


I have my workout space set up in the basement and during the week I workout at 5 AM before anybody else gets up, but the weekends are a different story.  Lately I've had a little guy joining me in the mornings.  He loves to be right alongside me trying to do what I'm doing.  And I'll have to say it really inspires me to know that I'm providing him with a good role model.


He loves to get on the treadmill and walk.  Almost any time I am heading to the basement, even if it is not to workout, he is asking if he can go down and exercise.

Diet is of course an important part of a healthy lifestyle, but as I said before it is all about balance.  This kid has always been a good fruit and veggie eater, but he is his father's son and he loves donuts!


Daddy sure has been working a lot of Saturdays so sometimes we just have to pick up donuts and surprise him with them at his office. 



After this particular donut visit, we went on a walk and to the park.  As we were walking Ollie announced from the sit-and-stand stroller that he needed to get out and "get some good exercise."  Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment