Friday, January 1, 2021

New Year's Eve

 I really can't remember the last time I stayed up until midnight to ring in the new year.  The last several years it seems like we have had Banks Christmas on or around New Year's, but haven't really celebrated it. 

Oliver is getting old enough that I thought it might be fun for him to celebrate with a little New Year's Eve party.  He understands the concept of a new year on the calendar and about making resolutions.




Staying up until midnight was never an option in my mind.  At first I thought maybe we would let the kids stay up until 9:00 or something and do our countdown early.  I decided to search online for a kids countdown and found that there were lots of "Noon" year celebrations happening.  What a genius idea!

Eden required a morning nap to make it through the noon festivities.


We tired watching a Noon Year's Eve countdown with the Kansas Children's Discovery Center, but the internet kept freezing and messing up.





Eden's squeals of joy were the best!


Riley came home for work during lunch for a few minutes to do the countdown with us.







We went to the store earlier that morning and I told the kids they could pick out a special NYE lunch.  They both chose lunchables, haha!




No comments:

Post a Comment