Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sock Monkey Baby Nursery

One of the most exciting things about getting ready for our baby as been preparing the nursery.  When we purchased our home in August of 2013 we left the bedroom closest to ours pretty untouched as we planned for it to be a baby room at some point in time.  For the past year, it has served as an office, but we really don't have the need for one so we were both very excited to give the room a real use.

About 10 minutes after telling Riley that I was pregnant, he was already in the room talking about how we could paint it.  As I've mentioned previously, Riley came up with a sock monkey theme so we went with it.

There were lots of hands that went into preparing the room for baby!

Riley, my mom, and I painted.




Riley and his dad hung the chair-rail and laid the new carpet.

Riley put the furniture together with my expert supervision and assistance.
Riley's mom and grandma Eva Nelle also helped in assembling the dresser and crib.

My dad built a shelf out of an old wagon.

My mom made the curtains and crib skirt.

Oliver's room has been ready weeks before his arrival, but we waited until after he was born to put up the letters above his crib.  I'm finally getting pictures posted as his room is clean and all put together :)











I absolutely love how his room turned out and it's even more special to think how many hands went into putting it all together.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle! I am reaching out in hopes that you still have your diy wedding activity book for children at the wedding reception?! I came across your link, but this was the only way I could reach you for some reason! I am looking at having 40+ children at my wedding, so this would be a huge help! Hoping to hear from you soon! My email address is SneedC001@mymail.mssu.edu (those are zeros! :)) Thank you so much! Chelsea

    ReplyDelete