Tuesday, August 2, 2016

KC Trip

Riley and I took a little weekend-get-away this past weekend.  It was sort of to celebrate me being done with my Master's Degree.  Ollie hung out with Riley's parents and we headed to KC on Saturday morning and returned on Sunday evening.

It was nice to get away and just be together.  We did LOTS of shopping, eating, and driving around KC.  We were able to see a movie which hasn't happened in forever, so that was a treat.  We saw Bad Moms and it was hilarious.

Riley had never eaten at The Cheesecake Factory so that was on our to-do list for the trip.  We had fried mac and cheese which was amazing!  Of course, we also had to have cheesecake.  I had a smores galore something or other and Riley had Snickers.  So delish!


In addition to all of our shopping, we also went to Boulevard Brewery.  We took the tour which was cool and Riley sampled beer.


I, in fact, was not here for the beer, but rather had to let Riley take a photo of me so that he would also pose for a photo.


  I think the highlight of the trip for Riley was sleeping in the king size bed in the hotel, which he continues to talk about nonstop.  We had a nice weekend with just the two of us, but of course, we were happy to see Ollie again and be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment