Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Christmas Break

One of the many things I love about being a teacher is Christmas Break.  I don't think I would make a very good stay-at-home mom, but I love having two weeks to stay at home with my little guy.  We did lots of running around with traveling for Christmas celebrations, but we also took advantage of just being at home.

Here's my little guy on his last day of daycare before Christmas Break.  Teresa gave him that tractor that is filled with mega blocks.  He has been playing with it ever since he got it, so needless to say, it was a big hit.

Christmas Break was filled with lounging around and playing together.  I will not admit how many days I spent in my jammies, but let's just say it was quite a bit.
Riley and Ollie ran errands one weekend during break and came home with flowers.  Riley will admit that he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, so this was an extra special little treat. 

One evening, Riley tried his hand at cooking.  (I'll just start by saying that this isn't a Riley thing.)  Apparently reading also is not his thing.  He tried to make sloppy joes, but failed to read the packet correctly.  It said "2 cans of tomato sauce OR 1 can of tomato paste."  Well, Riley missed that all too important word, OR and added both.  
He said it would be fine and proceeded to make a sandwich and take a bit...and then made a terrible face and threw the rest in the trash.  So he rinsed the hamburger off and started again, this time with his go-to, tacos.  He was successful! :)


Now even though I give Riley a hard time about his cooking skills, he is the go-to-guy for pancakes and waffles.  Ollie is always willing to help, too.


The rest of break was just spent hanging out and playing.  We didn't do a lot, but sometimes less is more.
I did get into a great napping routine with my little guy.  Now at daycare, he naps great with no problems.  However, here at home during Christmas Break, we would nap in his bed for about 45 minutes and then want to snuggle with mommy and finish his nap on the couch.  I had no complaints.  These baby snuggles get less and less as my baby isn't so much of a baby anymore.  I will take them when I can get them, plus it gave me an excuse to take a nap too.

No comments:

Post a Comment