Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Visit from an Old Family Friend

We made a bit of an impromptu trip to my parents' house to see a great old family friend today.  My godfather, Eric, was down from Michigan to visit.  The original plan was that he and my dad would come to our house for a visit later in the week, but plans changed a bit so we just made a trip to see him.

He and my dad are old army buddies.  He and his family have kept in touch over the years and we've always referred to him as Uncle Eric.

I think that last time I saw him was when Riley and I got married... and before that was when he and his wife came to visit me in Cleveland right after having heart surgery. 

Even though we don't see each other often, it's always nice to see each other.  Needless to say, he holds a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment