Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Introducing Paisley Ann

Paisley Ann is here!


Paisley Ann
6 pounds 13 ounces
19.5 inches
1:44 pm


After what seemed like the longest week ever, we were finally induced and got to meet our precious baby girl.  Labor and delivery was different this time around, the major difference being how fast it went.  I was induced at 7:00 in the morning and my doctor came in and broke my water at 8:00.  By 10:00 I was super uncomfortable and asked to have my epidural.  (With Oliver I don't think I even felt any contractions, but with this one I was definitely feeling them!)  I was at a 3 at the point of my epidural which wasn't much of a change as I was close to a 3 when I came in that morning.  My epidural was administered at 10:30 and I was much more comfortable after that.  An hour later I had progressed to a 4.

The nurse checked me again at 1:00.  Both my mom and mother-in-law were in the room at that point and were making their guesses about me being a 6 by now.  To everyone's surprise, I was already at an 8.  The moms left and I soon after could tell that baby was ready.  They checked me again and I was at a 10.  The doctor was called, arrived, and a few pushes later, Paisley Ann arrived!


My mom had made a guess earlier in the day that she would be born at 1:45 so she was pretty close with a 1:44 arrival time.


Oliver had gone home with our dads to take a nap, but just as soon as he woke up from his nap, he came to meet his little sister.

Proud Big Brother

No comments:

Post a Comment