Thursday, August 10, 2017

Waiting Game

Since I am home and annoyed, I thought I would take some time to give a baby update.

For the majority of this pregnancy, we have been planning on being induced as we were with Oliver.  I was induced at 39 weeks with him so I was expecting something along the same lines with this pregnancy.  The week before my due date my doctor was out of town.  My due date is Friday, August 11 so my doctor said that Monday, August 7 we would induce.  We had been planning on this for a couple months and were extra excited about it as it is Haley and Kerby's birthday too!  Well here it is August 10 and we still don't have a baby.

So at my appointment last week, my doctor said that the scheduler would call me about being induced on August 7.  I did get a call but it was a call saying that I was being wait listed for the 7th as there were too many others being induced that day.  She informed me that they only induce on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  I was also put on a waiting list for Wednesday which also didn't happen.  (Wednesday would have also been a cool date because it was the 9th and Oliver was also born on the 9th.)  I've spent the week anxiously awaiting the slim possibility of getting a phone call saying that somebody else had their baby and I can be induced.  I've also spent the week with crazy inconsistent contractions.  Sine I didn't get induced on Monday, I had my regularly scheduled appointment and the doctor stripped my membranes in hopes of sending me into labor naturally.  This resulted in lots of cramping and contractions and not much sleep Monday night.  Anyway, after a long week of waiting I am supposedly on the induction list for tomorrow, Friday, August 11.

With planning to meet our little girl on Monday, I had already taken off the whole week from teaching summer camp at the preschool.  I had lesson plans written and subs in order so I decided to just hang out at home this week.  Doing nothing all week has made this week drag on forever!  But tomorrow is FINALLY the day we will get to meet our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment