Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas Eve Mass

One of my most favorite Christmas traditions that we had when I was growing up was Midnight Mass.  We would have Christmas in Meriden at my grandparents' house on Christmas Eve followed by traveling back to our house for presents and church.  For the longest time, it was at midnight.  I can remember opening presents, eating supper, playing with our new toys, and then taking a nap before getting up to get ready for church.

Over the past several years, Midnight Mass was no longer at midnight.  Midnight Mass at 8:00 just wasn't the same and I guess we had to at some point stop calling it Midnight Mass.

This year it was at 6:00 and even though I miss the nostalgia of it being at midnight, it sure does work better with two young kiddos.

One of my favorite things that occur at Christmas Eve Mass is singing Silent Night by candlelight.  (My other favorite thing is when Santa comes and kneels by the manger.  Not sure why, but they didn't do that this year.  Santa must have been too busy.)

It took a couple of tries to get Ollie's candle lit because the little stink kept blowing it out!  Guess he is just practicing for his third birthday.



Happy Birthday, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment