Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve usually begins at Rhonda's for lunch, but her house is just getting finished up so it was relocated this year to Uncle Jim's.



 This year was extra special with a visit from the Big Guy himself!
 Oliver was a little nervous, but excited at the same time.

 Earlier in the day, Ollie and I had visited the kid's craft table and made a gingerbread house and Santa out of craft foam.  Soon after Oliver saw Santa, he ran to get his Santa that he had made and ran to give it to Santa.  So adorable!






 Telling Santa Clause how he made his Santa craft.








 After Christmas at Jim's we headed back to my parents house for our Christmas.  We've always done Christmas on Christmas Eve and this year was no different.  However, this year was a bit chaotic for the Richling crew.  When we got there things were fine, we just waited a bit for my grandparents to get there. 
 Once we started opening gifts, my vision started to get really weird.  I knew this meant a migraine was on it's way.  (Ever since my open-heart surgery, I get terrible migraines from time to time and they always start with my vision starting to blur.)  I took some medicine, but my vision was messed up for the majority of the gift opening and then I had the headache that follows.  Paisley was also overly tired and spent much of the time screaming at the top of her lungs.  Needless to say this was one of the least enjoyable Christmas experiences I can remember.  I wasn't able to see much of what was opened or the reactions to the gifts.  Thankfully my vision issues and headache were short-lived (even though it was the entire present-opening time).

Due to my migraine and Paisley's screaming I didn't get any photos other than the one above.  Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment