Monday, November 5, 2018

Weekend Events

This past weekend was a busy one!

Krista and I ran a 5K on Saturday morning so she and my parents came Friday night.  

Saturday turned out to be a perfect day for a race.  It was a bit chilly before we started running, but really we couldn't have asked for better weather.  It's been a while since I had run a 5K, but I've been working out pretty regularly with 80 Day Obsession so I was confident going into it.  My goal was to have a pace under 10 minutes per mile.  I ended up running a pace of 8:56 per mile with a total time of 27:44.  For me, not too shabby.


After the race, Krista and I enjoyed doing a bit of shopping, eating, and catching up.  As always, it was great to see her.

Riley had to work Saturday morning, but since my parents were in town watching the kids, we thought we would take advantage of the opportunity and go look at counter tops.  We painted our cabinets months ago, but hadn't been able to pick out counter tops without little ones in tow.  We weren't very successful, but we eliminated some things that we didn't want.  Now if only what I truly wanted would just be a bit cheaper!

My parents met us in Manhattan with the kids for a bit of shopping and dinner.  



Family photos were also on our busy agenda for the weekend.  Originally, I had planned on just having my mom snap a few like we've done in the past with my sister playing photographer.  However, we lucked out and I won a free mini session from a local photographer.  Coincidentally, the mini sessions happened to fall on this same weekend.  Sunday morning we got dressed and headed to Riley for photos.  Paisley did not have a good morning so our expectations of her were pretty low.  She wasn't super smiley like she usually is, but she did pretty well during the first 15-20 minutes.  It was cloudy and cold, but it could have been a lot worse.  When we started it was spitting rain, but luckily that didn't last long.  Paisley let us all know when she had enough and I doubt we got a decent photo during the last bit of the photo shoot.

Our photographer, Sheridan, was super sweet and easy to work with.  She gifted us with the most adorable handmade Christmas ornament and sugar cookies as we left.  I'm very anxious to see the photos and am hoping that we got at least one great family photo.  With little ones... you just never know.

Hot chocolate was a must for Ollie when we returned home!




No comments:

Post a Comment