Thursday, April 9, 2020

Social Distancing - Week 4

We are not technically done with week four yet, but tomorrow I am being induced!!  Yama and Papa are in charge of homeschooling tomorrow and I decided that I should go ahead and post pictures of this week or it probably wouldn't get done.  Here is our week:





















I couldn't take Oliver's long shaggy hair anymore.  With the state-wide stay home order, there is nowhere to take him to get his hair cut.  Yama and I did our best with a garage haircut.  It doesn't lay down super well without water and hairspray, but its better than it was before.



Last week we started participating in the school lunches.  Local school districts are offering breakfast and lunch to children free of charge.  At first I didn't plan on participating as I felt like it was really meant to be for those already receiving free/reduced lunch at school.  I then found out that the school district receives funding for it and it also allows for employees to continue working and receiving a paycheck.  I was encouraged to give it a try and thought, why not.  Although the school district that Ollie and I go to is doing it too, it didn't make sense to drive all the way to Riley.  So on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays we have been picking up lunch from the elementary school here in Clay Center.  It is a super easy, minimal contact, drive through system and Oliver and Paisley enjoy getting to leave the house.  (Other than helping me at school twice, the kids have literally gone nowhere!). The kids love seeing what they get and I will say that the food has been a nice variety.  It makes less dishes for mommy and they really have been eating it well, probably because it is not leftovers like we had been doing for lunch.




No comments:

Post a Comment