Friday, January 20, 2012

Announcing Our Engagement

Riley proposed the day before the last day of school before Christmas Break. (Does that make sense? Read it slow, that helps me!) I was excited to share my news with my students.




When my 8th graders came in, I handed each one of them a word scramble and let them solve it. The first person in my class to figure it out was a sweet girl named Carly. I'll never forget what she did. She looked at me, she looked back at the paper, she ran up to me and asked, "Is this for real, Ms. Wellman?!" So priceless!


I had SO much fun seeing my students' reactions to my little secret message. I have 6 different classes and they all had such fun reactions. They were so excited for me!


One boy, sitting at the back table, came up to me at the front of the classroom and high-fived me and said, "You Go Girl!" Of course, all the girls wanted to know the story with all the details; they oooed and awwed. They all wanted to see the "Bling" and made the connection that he must be "rich" because his name is Richling and he got "big bling!" :)




It was so much fun and a great way to end the semester before enjoying Christmas break with my fiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment