Friday, November 6, 2015

Branson Vaca

October 25, 2005 was the day Riley and I started dating which means we recently reached our ten year mark.  Somebody deserves an award for putting up with someone else for that long... I'm not saying which one of us deserves that award, but somebody definitely does ;)

We decided to take a little getaway to Branson for a few days, just the two of us.  Lucky little Oliver got to spend some time with both sets of grandparents.

I had Friday off from school so Ollie spent the day helping me pack.

Our Trip

We got up Saturday morning and headed out for Branson after some good baby cuddles.  Osceola Cheese was the first stop and Riley had to get his beloved sarsaparilla along with a bag of cinnamon twists.  I had to have some gummies (they have best gummies in the world) and cheese curds.
We spent our vacation doing a lot of Christmas shopping along with lots of relaxing and eating at new places.  We didn't take a ton of photos but here are a few of what we did take.
We spent one afternoon/evening playing games.  Shuffle board was up first and I dominated.  We didn't really know the rules, so we made some up.  
We played horse and I found out why Riley stopped playing basketball after middle school.  I haven't played basketball since middle school myself, but I maintained my skills :)
We also played ping pong, but it was pretty intense and therefore there are no photos.  Riley won.  Barely.

On Monday night we decided that we would go to the Ernie Biggs Dueling Piano Bar.  We should have known better than to go on a Monday night.  There were like 12 people there and they were all over 60.  We didn't quite fit in and it was a bit lame.  Riley tried to make it a little more enjoyable by drinking lots of beer.  We left early and I drove us to eat a late supper at IHOP and sober this guy up a bit.


We also did some mini golfing while in Branson.  There is a discrepancy in regards to a hole-in-one that was made by me that was due to a mulligan when Riley interfered with my shot.  A winner has not been named at this point. 


Ollie's Weekend

Oliver spent Saturday and Sunday at Grandma Marcia and Grandpa Jim's house.  We got lots of videos, phone calls, and photos which made our time away from him a little easier.

Saturday was his first Halloween, so he did some trick-or-treating.


Cruising around in the house :)

Ollie headed to Mamaw and Papa's to spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  From the looks of things, he had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment