Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Summer Review (part 1)

As always, my phone is maxed out in storage due to my billion pictures of Ollie.  (I could think of far worse problems to have, so I won't complain.)  As I was going through photos I found that I had a lot of pictures from the summer that I never posted.  I guess, since Labor Day weekend has come and gone, I have to face the fact that summer really is over.
Rather than making 20 different small posts, I'm going to do a summer review with some of my favorite photos and videos.  This will probably take about 3 separate posts, so without further ado, here is summer review part 1:

Ollie has really been enjoying exploring with colored pencils and paper.



He prefers to stand (using his kitchen helper that his daddy made him) at the counter and draw.





This was one afternoon at the beginning of summer.  Somehow when he was playing with a blanket, his diaper came undone and stuck to the blanket.


I laughed, perhaps he was in distress, but it was really funny.


He also loves dragging his PillowPet out of his room and riding it in the living room while he plays.

Early in the summer, we were working with Ollie on where his tummy, nose, and feet are.  My mom spent some time with him and taught him where is tongue is.  After this, he would stick out his tongue no matter which body part we asked him.  We had to give her a hard time about ruining our child ;)


Ollie loved playing in the sprinkler this summer.  Usually it was while daddy was trying to water the yard, but this kid makes any chore fun.

Selfie with mommy.

This was from a weekend in Junction City at Jaime and Shelby's.  Ollie helped the guys work out in Shelby's new shop.



We played hard this summer and spent lots of time outside.  Baths were essential for this stinky little boy, but he didn't mind a bit.


We've been working on identifying body parts with Ollie.  Some days are better than others, depending on his interest level.  I caught him on a good day here in the tub:


Bobby, Paula, Braeden, and Bryson were finally able to make it to our house for the first time.  We enjoyed a relaxing Friday night of pizza and drinks.  Their visit was short since they were headed to KC on Saturday, but we were happy to have them visit.



In other summer news, Riley got contacts.  It took some getting use to, but he likes them.  Since he no longer wears his transition glasses, he had to get a pair of sunglasses.  Ollie loves matching his daddy.


This little stink learned how to run the remote.  He knows exactly where the pause/play button is and takes full advantage of being in control of the TV.  He really doesn't watch much TV (which is fine by me), but he sure likes to play with the remote.

Riley's parents gave us some corn on the cob and oh, how Ollie approved.




Riley and I both had giant to-do lists for the summer.  One of his projects was to make Ollie a sandbox.  (I don't remember if I posted about our pool or not, but we got rid of it and are making the space into a sandbox for Ollie.)  Riley had my dad's tractor to get worked on at CTI, so he took that opportunity to use it to work on the sandbox.  Ollie was a happy helper.

A while back when Marcia, Jaime, Ollie, and I went to Ikea, Marcia wanted to get Ollie a big stuffed dog.  She didn't and had been talking about it ever since.  When Riley and I were in KC for our weekend trip, we stopped at Ikea and picked it up for Jim and Marcia to give it to him. 

He loves it.

Naps with daddy were a weekend staple at our house this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment