Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Summer Review (part 3)

Okay, so here is the last of my summer review posts.  These are all from last week and weekend, but I figured I would just continue with this summer review and get caught up on blogging.  Although it feels like summer has been over for a while now with the start of school, I always feel like Labor Day really marks the end of summer.  I am very much ready for some cooler temperatures that fall will soon bring.

Here is my cheeseball on one extra smiley day.



I got this foam clown nose from one of my preschoolers on the last day of school.  It was one of Oliver's favorite this summer and he loved to wear it.

He'd put it on and just crack himself up.  (I wish I would have gotten a video, it was hilarious.)

I think it is probably headed for the trash soon, because he has worn it out so much that it is about to split in half.



Since school has started back up, Oliver and I have been taking walks after school.  We stopped at the little park at the community center and Ollie had a ball.


I don't know if it is the angle of the camera or what, but he looks so BIG.

(He is also sporting his new John Deere hat that daddy bought him.  It is still a bit big, but he loves it.)







Riley was out of town to Colorado for his cousin Nick's funeral on Friday and Saturday, so Ollie and I had a mommy/baby date on Friday night.  We ran some errands and ate supper at McAlister's.

I've never purchased a separate meal for Ollie, because he typically just eats off of our plate.  However, McAlister's had a $0.99 kids meal and the sandwich I ordered was probably too spicy for him, so I gave it a try.
He was in heaven!  He ate all of his applesauce and teddy grahams, some of his mac and cheese, and my pickle.


Apparently, that pickle was a bit sour at first :)

After McAlister's, our date continued at Orange Leaf where we shared some frozen yogurt.

He may have been a better date than what I am used to, haha ;)



Since Riley was still out of town on Saturday, Oliver and I went to Topeka to help Haley with her wedding planning. 


He was super helpful and we actually got quite a bit accomplished.

We did some wedding shopping and ate lunch at Chili's.  Ollie was a black-bean-eating-machine.


Ollie continues to love tractors, cars, and trucks.  He definitely has the sounds mastered.
 


Jaime and Shelby recently returned from a Europe trip.  They brought us back many goodies.

Ollie's bear from Slovenia is so soft and he adores it.

We went to church in Manhattan on Sunday and Riley really wanted to eat McAlister's after seeing photos from Ollie and I's date.  We agreed to suck it up and eat there again.  (No complaints from either of us.)  Ollie had a strange way of eating his applesauce, as he would lean his head back for each bite.  Whatever works, I guess.
 

One of Ollie's biggest changes this summer came just this past Sunday. 

We decided to try out removing the front of his crib and turn in into a toddler bed.  We were a little unsure, but figured that if it didn't work, we could always put it back on.  (And by we, I of course, mean Riley.  Riley can put it back on.  Hehe.)


So far, so good.  He's slept several times in it (naps & nighttime) and has done pretty well.  He came out 5-6 times at first, but he is getting it.  If we leave his door open a little crack, he gets up and closes it all the way.  

Apparently last night, he was just too tired to make it back to his bed before falling alseep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment