Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Christmas Break 2.0

It has been quite the week with the kids and I being sick at the beginning of last week, then snow days at the end of last week, followed by no school yesterday due to MLK day.  Then to top it off, school got called off today as well because of frigid temperatures.

Last week, I only worked two days and this week I will only being working three days.  I could get used to this whole stay-at-home mom thing!  It's been nice to just be at home with the kids.

I've renamed this time "Christmas Break 2.0" as it has been the nice break I was hoping for at Christmas time, but even better with nowhere to go.

Since we still have plenty of snow on the ground Ollie and I made snow ice cream for dessert last night.  I guess daddy had a part in it too...he was the one that went out in the freezing cold to gather the snow (and a leaf or two).
 Ollie approves.
I thought snow ice cream would be a great way to end our unexpected 5-day weekend yesterday, but then it turned into a 6-day weekend with school being called off today...guess we will have to enjoy our leftover ice cream tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment