Monday, January 15, 2018

Sickness and Snowdays

We had an eventful week this past week as a bug hit the Richling house.  

On Sunday evening Ollie said his tummy hurt so I sent him to the bathroom to try to go poop.  He was in there for a while so I asked Riley to check on him.  Riley found him laying on the bathroom rug and we knew that we were in for something.  Oliver walked into the kitchen and threw up everywhere.  
 He got sick several times Sunday night and Paisley didn't seem to feel well either.  I stayed home with both kiddos on Monday and then by evening time Ollie was back to normal and Paisley was throwing up.  Riley stayed home with Pais on Tuesday.

Paisley's bug was also short-lived and she was back to her smiley self.




We thought the bug was gone for good until I came down with it on Wednesday evening.  Luckily, Thursday ended up being a snow day so I didn't have to use a sick day.  The kiddos went to daycare while I rested and recovered.  Friday was also a snow day so I ended up with an unexpected 5 day weekend with school being closed today for MLK Day.  It has almost seemed like Christmas break.  (Actually I don't think I spent 5 consecutive days at home during Christmas break, so it has been nice to just be home.)

Ollie and I had an ice cream date after school when daddy was home with sick little Paisley.

Nice warm baths are wonderful all the time, especially when you don't feel good.




Someone likes to naps in his undies...and random toys.

Oliver had his first sledding experience this weekend.  Mommy bundled and daddy sledded.








 Every time somebody asks him about sledding.... "Did you have fun?" ....... "Yes!"  "I cried!"

 Mommy and Pais watched from inside the nice, warm house.

Oreo hot chocolate awaited the boys to warm them up after their sledding adventures.








Today, Ollie was suppose to be taking a nap and came downstairs saying that he wanted to snuggle.  Who can say no to that?!



No comments:

Post a Comment