Friday, December 28, 2018

Midnight Mass (also known as Bedtime Church)

It wouldn't be Christmas without my favorite Christmas tradition, Midnight Mass or as Ollie called it this year, Bedtime Church.  Unlike when we were kids, it wasn't at midnight, but at 8:00pm this year which was totally fine with me as it was already enough past their bedtime.






I love everyone singing Silent Night by candlelight and the kids loved each having their own candle.  In past years we had real candles which I preferred, but these battery operated ones were much more kid friendly.



Of all the cool things done at Midnight Mass nothing compares to Santa's arrival.  He kneels before Baby Jesus in the manger and leaves as quietly as he came.  It is simply the best and gets me every time!


No comments:

Post a Comment