Friday, May 3, 2019

Family Fun Day

With everything that has happened in the last couple weeks, I've been a pretty absent mommy.  With school being out on Monday, I decided to take the kids to Manhattan to do something fun as a way to make it up to them.

I'm kind of a 'go big or go home' kind of person so I went big and did everything we possibly had time for in one day.

Growing up my family had "Wellman Family Fun Days" where we would go and do things together as a family.  This was sort of my version of that, only poor Riley was at work and missed out.

We began first thing in the morning at Manhattan's City Park.








We then ventured to the library for story time.  I'd love to take them to this more often, but they are always in the morning during the work week.







Next up was Sunset Zoo!  I'm planning a preschool field trip here soon, so I kinda wanted to scope things out since we haven't been since last year.










 McAlister's is always at the top of Ollie's list so that was where we had lunch.



I think that Ollie likes McAlister's so much because it shares a parking lot with Orange Leaf.


Widgets!









My van had a couple recalls so we dropped it off and walked over to Widgets.  Unfortunately, it took much longer than they told us, so we left Widgets only to sit and wait for our vehicle to be finished.





No comments:

Post a Comment