Sunday, May 5, 2019

Signs

The Tuesday following Easter was my first day back to work since the miscarriage.  We had a four-day weekend, which was really nice timing.  

I was leading my class to lunch as I do every day and there was a broken robin egg all over the sidewalk.  It must have fallen from a nest in the above branches.  A child near the front of the line commented, "Ohhh, that poor little baby bird didn't even get a chance to live."


The comment hit me hard and I choked back the tears.

In my past 5 years of teaching at this building, I've never seen any broken eggs on the sidewalk.  A few days later, a second broken egg appeared.

This time, rather than sadness, I felt peace.  
God was giving me a sign.

He is in control and I'm going to have trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment