Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Dress Hunt (Part 2)


After falling in love with the Adorae, I was excited to find a much cheaper dress made by DaVinci. They look very similar to me, but of course I had to try it on.


This past weekend, Riley and I went to Newtwon. (Riley's brother Derrick lives there with his wife, Heidi and their son, Tyson. Riley's parents and other brother, Shelby and his wife, Jaime were also there for the weekend.) Every year there is a swap meet that the guys like to go to. While this is going on, the girls do what they do best-- shop.


I found a bridal store in Witchia carried DaVinci and they had the sample dress that is similar to the Adorae. All the girls agreed to go, so off we went with little 2 year-old Tyson in tow.


I tried on several dresses. This first one is the Adorae-look-a-like made by DaVinci. I really liked it and so did the girls.

(I'm not going to post a photo of myself in the dress. It might be "the one.")


I really didn't think I wanted a "big" dress, but I agreed to try this next dress. Looking back on it now, there are several things that I really don't like about it. However, when I came out in this dress my future mother-in-law got teared up along with Heidi too. I think I was just so overwhelmed by their reactions that it made me really really like the dress.





(sorry for the poor quality of pics--cell phone is to blame)




I do still like the back quite a bit, but it's a lot of dress.


As of now, my front runner is still the DaVinci, but I do have an appointment at David's Bridal, so the decision has not yet been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment