Monday, February 13, 2012

The Maids


I didn't have a difficult time in deciding this. In fact, it was probably the easiest decision of all, besides the groom of course :)

MOH High School BFF: Krista
She has been my best friend since 2nd grade. We were very close in high school and stayed in contact while in college. We are both teachers and relate to each other very easily.
It was a given that Krista would be my Maid of Honor. I'm pretty sure I asked her about an hour after I got engaged :)

Bridesmaid Sister: Haley

I love my sister, but we are complete opposites. I am organized and serious. Haley is crazy fun and a more go with the flow kind of girl. She agreed that she didn't want the responsibilty of being MOH, so she was happy to be a bridesmaid.
Since I only have one sister, it was a given that she would be in the wedding. I believe her reaction to me asking her was, "Uhh, sure I guess."

Bridesmaid College BFF: Kerby

This girl is a ball of fun and always makes me laugh. She and I became great friends in college and lived together our last year at Emporia. The reception wouldn't be the same without her there.
Bridesmaid Riley's Sister-in-Law: Jaime
Bridesmaid Riley's Sister-in-Law: Heidi

Technically, she is Riley's sister-in-law, but I feel like that seems too distant. Jaime has been my shopping buddy time and time again. We never walk out of a mall together without armloads of shopping bags filled with good deals. Jaime and I seem to be able to talk for hours. She and I have spent many nights up late talking while the boys are snoozing away.
Again, Riley's sister-in-law, but still seems too distant for me. Heidi has always been super sweet and made me feel comfortable at those awkward family things.  She's really easy to relate to and always fun to hang out with. Plus, she made me the CUTEST ring bearer ever :)
I asked Jaime & Heidi while we were at the bridal store in Wichita. They were looking at some hideous prom dresses. We were discussing how awful the dresses were. I casually said something about when I go shopping for bridesmaid dresses, they will need to come so they can pick out what they want to wear. To be honest, they had the best reaction. They both gave a little squeal and we had a little group hug right there in the store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment