Thursday, February 8, 2018

Cabin Fever

We've all been looking forward to spring and today we got a slight glimpse of it.  The morning started out cold, but by afternoon it was in the 60s.

We took advantage of the warmer temperatures as they are calling for more snow and more cold temperatures again.

Our trip to the park didn't quite start out as I'd hoped for.  There really isn't any good parking around the park so the street is the only place to park.  Because of all the recent snow, everything was a snowy, wet, muddy mess along the street.  I managed to get both kids unloaded and to the sidewalk, but that is when disaster struck.  There was a giant puddle of water in front of the sidewalk with snow piled up around the curb.  I held Ollie's hand and swung him across the water, but he couldn't get himself balanced.  With Paisley in her car seat on my arm, I tried to step into the snow to help Ollie get balanced.  Well, apparently the edge of the curb was under that snow and we all three went down.  Ollie hit his knees, Paisley went flying in her car seat, and I fell as well.  I can only imagine what the bystanders at the gas station across the street saw!  We were all fine (me probably in the worst shape with some small gravel in my hand), Ollie had dirty jeans, and Paisley didn't even seem to notice her roller coaster ride in her car seat.

As nice as it was to get out and get some fresh air... I think we will wait until all the snow mess is gone before attempting to go the the park again!


No comments:

Post a Comment