Monday, December 30, 2019

Christmas Eve Mass

Growing up we always went to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve.  Now that I have my own children, I am extremely grateful that it is much earlier.  This year it was at 6:00.


Now, contrary to what these photos might show, this is where things started turning into an absolute shit show.



Both Oliver and Paisley still require naps for the sake of everyone involved.

They both fell asleep on the way to Jim's, but of course it wasn't until we were more than halfway there.  There was little to no sleeping that occurred on the drive back from Jim's so we began opening presents at my parents with two tired children.  All things considering they did ok.  Ollie was over emotional and tired which resulted in a meltdown because Paisley got a camera.  Papa saved the day and found an old digital camera of my mom's and gave it to him and peace was restored.

Church went ok, I guess, it just wasn't the best, but by the time we got back to my parent's house they were both tired and hungry.  Paisley threw lasagna at me twice.  Yes, twice.  By that time I had enough so we packed up rather abruptly and headed back to Riley's parents' house.






No comments:

Post a Comment