Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Weekend

 My parents came for the weekend since my dad has been away in El Paso for so long and hadn't seen the kids in a while.  We had a busy, fun weekend.

My mom and I took the kids to an Easter egg hunt in Leonardville.  Paisley ended up falling asleep in the car so my mom sat with her while I took Ollie over to hunt eggs.




 He got a ton of eggs and I had to convince him to stop since his bucket was full.


Meanwhile back at home, Riley and my dad were burning some brush.  As soon as we got home from the Easter egg hunt, Oliver had to join in too.


 He was a master at collecting sticks... now throwing them far enough to actually go into the fire, well that was a whole other story.


On Saturday morning, my parents and I took the kids downtown to visit the Easter Bunny while Riley was at work.


They also had an Easter egg hunt, but this one wasn't nearly as successful as the one the previous day.  Behind us was a firetruck and they blew the horn on it to start the hunt.  The horn scared Ollie half to death and he just froze.  By the time he got started there were kids all around.  If another child was close by, he would just let them pick up the eggs in the area.  Polite yes, but not very good strategy for egg collecting.


I told him that we were are all done and his response to me was, "But my basket isn't full."


Disappointment about an unsuccessful Easter egg hunt was soon forgotten as he helped me make brownies at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment