Monday, April 30, 2018

Man Camping

There is nothing like your first time camping and this past weekend, Ollie got to experience it.

Riley, Ollie, Shelby, Jim, Steve, Bob, Tyson, Avery, and Asher all went out to the Wahle farm on Saturday for a fun camping trip.  Asher was thrilled about going "man camping."

While they were camping Marcia, Jaime, Paisley and I did some shopping.  We began with an outdoor vintage market in Abilene followed by some shopping in downtown Salina. 

From the updates and photos that I received, Oliver seemed to have the time of his life.





He lasted all night in the tent which surprised us all.  I expected him to end up back at Jaime and Shelby's house or in the camper.


Funny story (not so funny at the time):  When they came back from camping Ollie was filthy dirty and smelt like campfire so I gave him a bath at Shelby and Jaime's before coming home.  Pais was sitting on the floor next to the bathtub because she was being a bit of a mama's girl.  I was only a few feet away looking under the cabinet for a cup under the sink when Ollie decided that he needed to pee.  Out of the corner of my eye, I catch the sight of a rainbow of pee streaming from Ollie who is sitting in the tub right onto Paisley on the floor!  I yell to get him to stop which resulted in him crying and Paisley too starts crying as she is drenched in his pee.  I called for backup and we got things cleaned up and everyone settled down.

As I was washing Ollie I reminded him that if he needs to go potty that he should tell mommy.  He replies, "I peed on grandpa's tire when I was camping, but we don't pee on our sister."

Oh, the lessons we learn camping...

No comments:

Post a Comment